Wondering what the Johnson County Democrats are up to and who's holding down the fort? Trish Nelson from Rapid Response Iowa provides this info:
JOHNSON COUNTY DEMOCRATS OFFICE
The JOHNSON COUNTY DEMOCRATS OFFICE, at 625 S Dubuque St in Iowa City,
319-338-5790 or 319-337-VOTE.
10-9 Mon-Thurs, 9-9
Friday 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Sunday 12 p.m.-9 p.m.
* Derek Eadon, Regional Field Director, 319-504-3076, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Doug Dorando, Deputy Regional Field Director, 319-471-3943, email@example.com
* Holly Savage, Johnson County Democrats Senior Staffperson and Office Manager, 303-819-0352, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Franz Hochstrasser, Field Organizer, 319-351-1048, email@example.com
* Hannah Joravsky, Field Organizer, 319-304-7022, firstname.lastname@example.org
* John Noonan, IDP Canvass Captain, email@example.com
* Brad Selken, Field Organizer, 319-504-0408, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Sean Williams, Field Organizer, 319-504-0801, email@example.com
* Chris Street, Campaign Manager for Larry Marek, House District 89. firstname.lastname@example.org, 773-653-0942
We currently have active constituency groups for:
Women, Educators (encompassing PreK-higher education), Students, Veterans, and the Business Community.
Contact Doug (319-431-3943, ddorando@iowademocr ats.org) or Holly (303-819-0352 savageholly@ gmail.com) to get involved in any of these groups!
Phone Bank Opportunities:
Wednesday, 6-9 p.m. Women on Wednesday (WOW) Phone Banking. Women for Obama are sponsoring phone banking at the office. Call the office to let us know when you are coming.
Phone banks are open whenever the office is open. Contact your Field Organizer to set up a time to come in and help us contact potential voters and volunteers!
Canvassing is the best way to contact voters and to get people registered to vote by mail. Canvassers will leave in two shifts and we will cover all of Johnson County to get people registered to vote, signed up to vote by mail, and answer any questions they have about Barack Obama. Shifts are from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2-5 p.m. Contact your Field Organizer to RSVP. Or just show up at the office (we certainly aren't going to turn anyone away).
Front Office Volunteer Opportunities:
These are the shifts that we have open for the week of 8/12-8/17:
Thursday, 8/14: 1-3 p.m., 3-6 p.m.
Friday, 8/15: 9 a.m.-12 p.m., 12-3 p.m.
If you don't want to make phone calls or canvass, this is the perfect opportunity to get into the office and help the campaign! Duties include: greeting incoming volunteers and visitors, data entry, envelope addressing, answering the main office phone line, and more. Contact Holly at the office, 319-337-VOTE, savageholly@ gmail.com, or just come into the office to sign up for a time to work the front desk.
Food Sign Up:
Want a way to have hard working campaign staff and volunteers love you forever? Food donations make the office a happy place. We have a signup sheet in the office for food donations. Sunday through Friday donations should plan for feeding 5-10 people.
Current openings in August:
Call if you have questions or want to sign up to volunteer!